30 Things You Can Achieve In 30 Minutes
We are all plagued with lethargy or procrastination at some point. For some, it’s just temporary bouts which are short lived. For others it’s more frequent and can last for a few days at a time.
There is no magic cure for that behaviour, or lack thereof, there are only new habits that can be ingrained. If you suffer from it, there is a way of breaking that pattern, and that is taking a 30 minute chunk of your day and see what you can push yourself to accomplish.
I believe it’s possible to achieve in 30 minutes what the average person completes in an average day. Rarely do we push ourselves to see what we can really do.
When I started writing this I switched on my countdown timer to see if I could write this whole post, finished and edited in 30 minutes. I’ll write at the very end how I did.
Push yourself to see what you can do in 30 minutes. Once you’ve done it, reward yourself and take the rest of the day off. Then make it a habit. Maybe even do this exercise a few times a day.
Just think how much you could do if you pushed yourself to do a full day’s worth in 30 minutes, and then you repeated that a few times a day, imagine what you could accomplish?!
Life is very short. It drifts by very quickly, and before you know it, you may hit a point in your life where you’ll look back and ask, where did all the time go? Start making inroads now to do all the things you really want to!
Here’s a list of 32 things you can try…(pay particular attention to number 15)
- If you don’t have a job and are looking, apply for 15 jobs
- If you are a blogger and are short of time, see what you can come up with in 30 minutes
- If you are a song writer, see what you can create
- If you write books see if you can write a whole chapter
- If you enjoy TV see how many facts you can absorb
- If you work in an office do your regular days work in 30
- If you are on twitter tweet 100 new people and just say hello
- If you do comedy come up with 5 jokes
- If you are a swimmer do 100 laps in 30 minutes
- If you are a runner see if you can run 3 miles; that’s 10 minutes per mile
- If you have a car see how far you can go
- If you are a speaker see if you can write a full speech
- If you’ve never been to the gym go and see if you can do 30 minutes of exercise
- If you are a student see if you can revise your entire syllabus
- If you have nothing at all do write a list of possible things you could do in 30 minutes…in 30 minutes
- If you are a social butterfly see how many new people you can connect with
- If you are a tidy freak see if you can do one room…or the entire house!
- If you are an entrepreneur create a new product
- If you are a web designer work your magic and whip up something fresh
- If you are in a band see how many gigs you can get booked for
- If you’re a photographer see how many unique snaps you can take
- If you’re a magician see how many tricks you can do
- If you’re a manager see how many compliments you can pay to your staff
- If you’re a critic see how many things you can review
- If you’re a music producer see if you can make a fresh beat….and sell it!
- If you’re a gadget blogger see how many gadgets you can review
- If you love nature go for a walk and see how many creatures and plants you can spot
- If you’re a student give yourself a 30 minute deadline to write a CV or cover letter
- If you’re touched by the scenes in Japan see how much money you can raise
- It’s comic relief this week; see what fun thing you can do to raise money within that time
- See how much junk you can de-clutter from your abode
- Surf the net and find out as much about a culture
There we have it, I managed to get more than 30. In total, this whole post took me about 35 minutes. What can you do? Share your results.