Why Taking Up A Sport Could Be The Best Thing You Ever Do
I feel incredibly privileged to live in the city that has hosted the 2012 London Olympics. It’s an honour to be a part of it no matter how small. It’s also great fun watching friends competing and really getting behind all the athletes.
I loved the opening ceremony and when I was watching last night I half expected the queen to leave the stadium with a jet pack; sadly that didn’t happen. 🙁
I took up sport properly around 7 years ago and it totally changed my life.
Before that I found I had little focus, I was unfit and terribly unhealthy. You can almost tell the difference when you meet people between the ones who are sporting and the ones who do not take part in any sport. The ones who do have a much more powerful presence.
Sport is not just about becoming fitter and stronger. There are so many unseen benefits from taking up a sport and I would go as far as to say it has been one of the best things I’ve ever done. If you do not play a sport or have never really considered taking up one, do a ‘U’ turn and take one up now.
I promise you it will be one of the best things you ever do.
There are more benefits to taking up sport than you ever conceive. It’s not just about the fitness and mental discipline. Here are some of the other reasons you should at least give it a go.
1. You become fitter and stronger.
2. Your body will detox through sweating.
3. You become more agile and limber.
4. Your libido will rise.
5. Combine libido with being more agile – oh yeah baby!
6. Your skin will be more radiant.
7. You you have more energy.
8. You’ll look better on the beach! 😉
As well as the benefits from the body here are some ways it will benefit your mind.
1. Your mind will become razor sharp.
2. You will become more disciplined.
3. Your reactions become lightening quick
4. You find it easier to make decisions.
5. Sport will give you direction.
8. You’ll improve and your confidence will grow
9. You’ll be more attractive to the opposite sex
The real perks come though to your spirit and your spirituality.
1. You meet new people and your social life will improve.
2. You learn how to work as a team.
3. You understand sacrifice.
4. You’ll feel more joy in life.
5. Your love life will improve.
6. You’ll grow as a individual.
7. You’ll push boundaries and realize nothing is impossible. (no advertising intended!)
8. You’ll feel more drive and ambition.
9. You sense of well-being will skyrocket.
10. You will no longer fear competition.
11. You ‘play’ more. After all, games and play are what keep us young!
So as you can see, sport is not just about being fit of doing exercise. It serves a much higher purpose. These are the reasons sport was created. It wasn’t just for a select few. It wasn’t just to develop a six-pack. It’s there to assist your both on a human level and your spirit.
I love slogan chosen for the games. ‘Inspire a generation’. Let the events that have taken place inspire you and everyone around you to grow in a fun way. To be more and to be the masters of our outcomes. Take up a sport as it could be the best thing you ever do!