10 Things Personal Development Guru’s Don’t Often Tell You
1. Don’t expect to be supercharged all the time. It’s okay to feel tired sometimes. You’re only human and when you’re tired just go with it. Learn how to best ‘recharge’ yourself.
2. Don’t worry if you feel down now and again. It’s okay as you’re only human and the times you’re down help you appreciate the times when you’re feeling good. If you’re feeling down just go with it and know that it’ll pass when you’re ready to move on.
3. Don’t worry if you’re not always right every time. It’s okay to get it wrong once in a while. That’s all part of learning and growing. Don’t beat yourself up when it does happen; just find a way to move on quickly!
4. Don’t worry if you don’t always look your best. It’s okay to be a scruff bag once in a while. It’s the perfect time to get in the zone where you don’t care what other people think. After being scruffy you kind of appreciate yourself more when you look good.
5. Don’t curse yourself when you get ill once in a while. You’re only human and no matter how healthy you are the odd cold or flu bug is going to come and get you! Chill out! Make the most of it. Catch up on your favourite show or enjoy the part where your voice goes all croaky and sexy. Leave you friends some cool voice mails! 😉
6. Don’t become a robot. Allow people to see your human side. If you’re too much of a robot people will no longer be able to relate to you and that’s not a good thing. Let people see the real you and don’t get caught up in the trap of being Mr or Mrs perfect all the time.
7. Gurus still burp and fart too you know! Wind is good! 🙂 Don’t be shy and just let rip once in a while! Gas will be eternally funny and so you never know who you might cheer up with the occasional passing of wind! 😆
8. Don’t be passive and let people walk over you! Sometimes you’ve got to just step up and tell people how you feel! Trust me when I say keeping it in is worse than trying to rationalize it with new age mumbo jumbo inner talk and bottling it up. You can do all of that and learn later.
9. Don’t pretend to be something you’re not. Most people can spot a fake a mile off. Just be yourself for that moment. ‘Yourself’ is a loose term and it can change but in that moment don’t fake it. You are who you are!
10. Sometimes there is no substitute for chocolate and ice cream when things aren’t going great. Don’t get me wrong, apples and banana’s maybe good for you but there’s something special about chocolate and ice cream that can’t be beaten. The odd occasional treat is okay!