Here are 5 powerful questions to wake up to, to shift your focus onto those things that make you feel more empowered and energised for the rest of the day. 🙂
1) What newness can I create within my day today? – Having some sort of newness and variety in your day is crucial for your happiness levels. The more new you do, try, experiment with, strangers you say hello to, etc etc, the more you feel re-vitalised. If you don’t have some form of newness in your day then you will find what will happen is that many of your days will feel the same. You will find yourself asking people what day it is because all your days are just a countdown to your death. You always naturally remember days that have variety and it is within that process of remembering that your body will release those chemicals which give you that good feeling all over. Not only is that great for your soul but it is fantastic for your physical well being too.
2) How can I make today better than yesterday? – Whether yesterday was a good day or a bad day, this question presupposes that today will be better. Naturally that assumption will be good for you on an unconscious level. You could even re-phrase this one to something like: “How can I improve on yesterday?” The end result with be the same. Truly think about this one and explore the numerous ways that you could better your daily experience, each day. If you exchanged some not so nice words between a friend or colleague perhaps, how can you remedy the relationship and make sure that that is the direction that it goes in from now on? Whatever score you gave yesterday, make it a higher one today. If you reach the peak of your scale upon which you measure your day…increase the scale. 😉
3) What new perceptions of the world can I see today? – It was Proust that said: “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new places, but having new eyes”. If you can change the way you look at things, then you have the key for creating your life exactly as you choose it to be. The quality of your life will be based on the quality of your perceptual experiences. If you see all things as bad, then that will be the quality of your experience. If you see the wonder and challenge within all things then that will be the quality of your experience. Ultimately, if you can see new places and have new eyes…you’re onto a real winner! 😆
4) What must I achieve by the end of the day? – Have a simple goal for each day. These will be highly dependent on what you do or what you aspire to be but if you can create a simple goal for yourself each day, and achieve it, you will be creating habitual success for your life. Sure, there will be times when you won’t achieve your goals but having a small manageable one each day will give you the achievers and “go getters” mind set. If you’re in the process of writing a book, set yourself a target of how much you would like to get done. If you’re planning to go to the gym, in the morning decide what distance you will achieve when you go. Make it a record distance for you. If you have a backlog of work decide up front how much of that backlog you will clear with no exception. If you want a habit, this is a good one to have! 😉
5) What can I do for others today? – This one almost goes without saying. Every time you assist someone you are creating a ripple that bounces back to you to participate in your success. Even though you may be experiencing some hardship, even though you may be having a bad day, the quickest way to surpass your challenges is by assisting others. That doesn’t mean to say you should negate your challenges and hope they go away. No, by giving to others you are giving yourself power. That power can then be used in any way you wish and will especially come in handy when it comes to solving your life enigmas. The more you help others, without expecting anything in return, it will come back to you in ways you will probably never be able to fathom. How can you get out of the “expectation” mindset? Quite simply, as soon as you’ve assisted someone, move straight onto the next person you can assist. When you participate in their success, the Universe will participate in yours.
And there we have it; the 5 morning questions to have each day to shift your focus into the direction of constructive creation. 😀